Tru-D Recognized at MedAssets Healthcare Business Summit
The Tru-D team was thrilled to be a part of the 2015 MedAssets Healthcare Business Summit April 7 through 9 in Las Vegas, Nevada.
With a focus on the future of health care, Tru-D fit right in with nearly 4,000 health care providers, suppliers and other industry partners who were there to network and learn. We enjoyed hearing from Leon Panetta, former secretary of the U.S. Department of Defense and former director of the Central Intelligence Agency as the keynote speaker, as well as U.S. Navy SEAL Lt. Pete Scobell, who served for nearly 17 years and led fellow Navy SEALs in the mission to rescue Cpt. Richard Phillips after Somali pirates seized the MV Maersk Alabama cargo ship in 2009.
We spoke with many executive and clinicians from MedAssets group purchasing member facilities who indicated that hospital-acquired infections remain a top concern and were looking for cost-effective best practices and technology to address patient safety.
Tru-D was also thrilled to receive a Gold Award from the MedAssets Supplier Recognition Program. The MedAssets Supplier Recognition Program recognizes organizations that promote quality and value within the health care supply chain and exhibit strong corporate social responsibility principles and practices within their companies. We’ve been a proud MedAssets supplier since 2013 and were honored to receive this recognition.
MedAssets is a health care performance improvement company focused on helping providers realize financial and operational gains so that they can sustainably serve the needs of their communities. MedAssets:
- Serves four out of five hospitals in the United States: approximately 4,500 hospitals and 123,000 non-acute health care providers, as well as payors and health care information technology vendors
- Manages, on behalf of clients, $59 billion in total spending and $400 billion in gross revenue
- Analyzes total utilization cost of four million patient discharges annually
- Boasts a 15-year history of delivering innovation and value
- Produces an annual net revenue of $680 million
- Is publicly traded on the NASDAQ OMX Stock Market under the symbol “MDAS”
We’re looking forward to connecting with even more MedAssets members in the future!