An update from Tru-D SmartUVC on COVID-19
Tru-D SmartUVC is closely monitoring the 2019 novel coronavirus (COVID-19) situation. We are taking every precaution necessary to ensure the safety of our employees and our customers, including washing hands frequently, increasing disinfection of surfaces and practicing social distancing. While some of our employees who are able will be working remotely during this time, please know the Tru-D family is here to support your needs, and operations and fulfillment continue to be on time and on schedule.
We understand the urgency around preparing for an outbreak in the U.S., and our number one priority is to adequately serve our existing and potential customers. Tru-D SmartUVC has increased our inventory and has adequate supply to meet demands of any client requests for a Tru-D device.
When concerns over COVID-19 first surfaced, Tru-D conducted a full supply chain assessment in anticipation of the potential for increased demand. In summary:
• Tru-D is proudly manufactured in the U.S,. and we do not rely on manufacturing in other countries that could be impacted by COVID-19.
• Tru-D has sufficient inventory of devices, and we do not anticipate any supply chain disruption due to availability.
A layered approach is always best practice
COVID-19 has been shown to live on surfaces for an extended period of time. Tru-D was designed to combat bacteria, viruses, spores and fungi; as a result, we encourage our customers to continue using Tru-D as part of their disinfection practices in addition to stringent handwashing and thorough, manual cleaning. A layered approach to disinfection is the best defense against pathogens and provides the best level of protection for patients. PDI Healthcare, Tru-D’s parent company, has several approved disinfectants for COVID-19:
- Sani-24® Germicidal Spray (Firebird F130, EPA reg #42182-9)
- Sani-HyPerCide™ Germicidal Spray (EPA reg #9480-14)
- Sani-Prime® Germicidal Spray (EPA reg #9480-10)
- Sani-Prime® Germicidal Wipes (EPA reg #9480-12)
- Super Sani-Cloth® Germicidal Wipes (EPA reg #9480-4)
- Sani-Cloth® Bleach Germicidal Wipes (EPA reg #9480-8)
- Sani-Cloth® AF3 Germicidal Wipes (EPA reg #9480-9)
The Tru-D team will continue to keep you updated. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to reach out to Tru-D Customer Care at (800) 774-5799 or e-mail email@example.com.