Pandemic cleaning and disinfection: Keep your guard up as the public opens up
To ensure PDI and Tru-D continue to reinforce the importance of cleaning and disinfecting environmental surfaces to help prevent the spread of infection, we are excited to introduce two new resources for our health care heroes.
- Environmental Pandemic Cleaning: Keeping Your Guard Up as the Public Opens Up: Understanding the sources of infectious disease transmission is important for remaining vigilant against contamination and spread.
- Highlights: Understanding disinfection guidance to stay ahead, basics for environmental cleaning and best practices for cleaning/disinfecting with UVC technology.
- Link at pdihc.com: https://pdihc.com/resource/environmental-pandemic-cleaning/
- Quick Guide: For Health Care Facility Disinfection: Given the highly contagious nature of some pathogens, guidance has been developed and promoted by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) for environmental cleaning in areas including health care settings.
- Highlights: Environmental cleaning procedures should be based on the risk of pathogen transmission. This is evaluated by likelihood of contamination, vulnerability of the patients to infection and potential for exposure
- Link at pdihc.com: https://pdihc.com/resource/quick-guide-for-healthcare-facility-disinfection/
Please feel free to download these resources as helpful reminders for your staff and colleagues to remain diligent when it comes to disinfection, especially as the COVID-19 pandemic continues.