SARS-CoV-2 Variants: Tru-D and PDI Have you Covered
The Delta variant, one of several variants of COVID-19 in circulation throughout the world, was first identified in India and appears to be a more transmissible form of the novel coronavirus. According to the CDC, in late June, the seven-day moving average of reported cases in the U.S. was around 12,000. On July 27, the seven-day moving average of cases reached over 60,000. This case rate looked more like the rate of cases the U.S. had seen before the vaccine was widely available.
Tru-D has been shown effective against the SARS-CoV-2 virus. An independent laboratory that performs environmental, food and life science testing for businesses, performed the efficacy testing. The testing demonstrated the Tru-D robot achieved 3 to 4 log10 reduction of the SARS-CoV-2 virus at up to 14 feet in both direct and shadowed areas.
“These data validate our technology is highly effective at inactivating SARS-CoV-2 on hard, nonporous surfaces and reinforces our mission to help healthcare facilities provide the cleanest environment possible for both patients and staff,” said Alice Brewer, MPH, CIC, FAPIC, clinical affairs director for Tru-D SmartUVC. “Our testing was conducted using actual SARS-CoV-2 virus as opposed to a surrogate to ensure the results reflected real-world situations.”
EPA-approved PDI products for SARS-CoV-2
PDI has you covered for the variant strains with products that are on List N and kill SARS-CoV-2.
The following PDI products have EPA approval for the SARS-CoV-2 claim and are on List N (Products with Emerging Viral Pathogens and Human Coronavirus claims for use against SARS-CoV-2):
- Super Sani-Cloth® Germicidal Wipes (EPA reg #9480-4)
- Sani-Cloth Bleach Germicidal Wipes (EPA reg #9480-8)
- Sani-Cloth AF3 Germicidal Wipes (EPA reg #9480-9)
- Sani-Prime® Germicidal Spray (EPA reg #9480-10)
- Sani-Cloth Prime Germicidal Wipes (EPA reg #9480-12)
- Sani-Cloth Plus Germicidal Wipes (EPA reg #9480-6)
- Sani-24® Germicidal Spray (EPA reg #42182-9)
- Sani-HyPerCide™ Germicidal Wipes (EPA reg #9480-16)
- Sani-HyPerCide Germicidal Spray (EPA reg #9480-14)
- Sani-24® Wipes (EPA reg #42182-13)
This information is up to date as of July 28, 2021.