SARS-CoV-2: Tru-D and PDI Have you Covered
Tru-D has been shown effective against SARS-CoV-2. An independent laboratory that performs environmental, food and life science testing for businesses, performed the efficacy testing. The testing demonstrated the Tru-D robot achieved 3 to 4 log10 reduction of the SARS-CoV-2 virus at up to 14 feet in both direct and shadowed areas.
“These data validate our technology is highly effective at inactivating SARS-CoV-2 on hard, nonporous surfaces and reinforces our mission to help health care facilities provide the cleanest environment possible,” said Alice Brewer, MPH, CIC, FAPIC, clinical affairs director for Tru-D SmartUVC. “Our testing was conducted using actual SARS-CoV-2 virus as opposed to a surrogate to ensure the results reflected real-world situations.”
EPA-approved PDI products for SARS-CoV-2
PDI has you covered for the variant strains with products that are on List N and kill SARS-CoV-2.
The following PDI products have EPA approval for the SARS-CoV-2 claim and are on List N (Products with Emerging Viral Pathogens and Human Coronavirus claims for use against SARS-CoV-2):
- Super Sani-Cloth® Germicidal Wipes (EPA reg #9480-4)
- Sani-Cloth Bleach Germicidal Wipes (EPA reg #9480-8)
- Sani-Cloth AF3 Germicidal Wipes (EPA reg #9480-9)
- Sani-Prime® Germicidal Spray (EPA reg #9480-10)
- Sani-Cloth Prime Germicidal Wipes (EPA reg #9480-12)
- Sani-Cloth Plus Germicidal Wipes (EPA reg #9480-6)
- Sani-24® Germicidal Spray (EPA reg #42182-9)
- Sani-HyPerCide™ Germicidal Wipes (EPA reg #9480-16)
- Sani-HyPerCide Germicidal Spray (EPA reg #9480-14)
- Sani-24® Wipes (EPA reg #42182-13)
This information is up to date as of July 28, 2021.